Reducing your business’ carbon footprint is almost an essential requirement in today’s environment. Given the current state of the environment, anything that we can do to reduce our footprint is viewed favorably by society and will also show your business in a positive light.
While there are big changes that we can make (changing all company cars to hybrids, or major changes to exhaust systems), these can be very expensive and time consuming in the short term. Luckily, some of the smaller changes are just as effective, and will have the community naming your business as a green business in no time.
One such change you can make is moving from traditional cleaning services to green cleaning services.
Benefits of Going Green
The following are five key benefits for your business when you make the switch to green cleaning services:
- It helps the environment: With the huge impact we have on the environment, we need to do everything within our power to help reduce our footprint. With green cleaning services, you can rest assured that no harmful chemicals are used, and that Mother Nature is kept safe.
- Your health and your employees’ health: While the environment is important, nothing is more important than your health and that of your employees. Green cleaning services only use products that are safe and have no harmful side effects on people. Win-win! You are helping the environment and keeping you and your employees healthy at the same time.
- Cost: Green cleaning services are surprisingly affordable. With the use of natural products, and no harsh chemicals, there are substantial cost savings to be had. Green cleaning solutions are often cheaper than traditional services.
- Respect: Aretha Franklin sings about it, many people strive for it, and almost everybody wants it. Now you can have it! By using green cleaning services you are showing that you are a business that cares about the environment, and about the community around you. This in itself will improve the way your current and future clients view you. Go green, and your clients will love you for it.
- Financial rewards and tax deductions: If you show the Government that you are a good global citizen and have put measures in place to reduce your impact on the environment, you will be rewarded. There are a variety of tax deductions and paybacks that you can claim depending on what green services you utilize or employ. Research them and start saving money today!
If you are not already using green cleaning services in your business, now is the time to start. You will not only help the environment, but you will also improve and protect your health and that of your employees. As an added bonus, you will reduce your overall costs, and gain respect from the community as well. With all these benefits, it’s no wonder smart businesses are going green.